TikTok SCARY Reveals you Should know NOW
Social media has changed our lives forever, sometimes for the good and, sadly, also for the bad. We have read about sensitive data scandals from Facebook and Instagram, both based in the USA; however, the scary things revealed about TikTok, based in China, are alarming.
As per the website Boredpanda, a Reddit user named "bangorlol" claimd to have successfully reverse-engineered this app and shares what he learned about it.
Here are some of his interesting, and SCARY, findings about his analysis:
- TikTok is a data collection service that is thinly-veiled as a social network.
- If there is an API to get information on you, your contacts, or your device... they're using it, like:
- Phone hardware
- Other apps you have installed
- Everything network-related
- GPS pinging enabled
- The scariest part of all of this is that much of the logging they're doing is remotely configurable.
- They have several different protections in place to prevent you from reversing or debugging the app as well.
- They provide users with a taste of "virality" to entice them to stay on the platform.
- TikTok is essentially malware that is targeting children.
Bangorlol thinks that we as a society have normalized giving away our personal information and have no expectations of privacy and security anymore, so giving TikTok our data together with our money is nothing surprising.
He also said: “There’s a reason governments are banning it. Don’t use the app. Don’t let your children use it. Tell your friends to stop using it. It offers you nothing but a quick source of entertainment that you can get elsewhere without handing your data over to the Chinese government. You are directly putting yourself and those on your network (work and home) at risk.”
You SHOULD read the full article here: CLICK TO READ ARTICLE.